Element Energy is a dynamic early-stage company that is looking to reimagine battery management. Our breakthrough algorithms and our patented control system solves critical battery safety and performance issues in the multi-billion dollar large-scale grid storage and electric vehicle battery markets. Our goal is to reduce the high degradation rates that plague renewable energy and battery storage products, and more importantly, we help mitigate the pervasive problems of battery fires that threaten user safety and property damage. These solutions are essential for the widespread adoption of clean renewable energy and “the electrification of everything” movement that is changing the world’s renewable energy storage infrastructure.
Element Energy is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our engineering team. This engineer will be responsible for systems design, HW development, and system verification of Element Energy’s advanced battery management products.
• BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or closely related field of study + 5 years of experience in the job offered or closely related occupation.
• PhD in in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or closely related field of study + 3 years of experience in the job offered or closely related occupation.
• Define, validate, and enhance Battery Management System (BMS) for grid storage and electric vehicles.
• Design of Highly Efficient Power Conversion Solutions (DC-DC converter): explore new architectures and model new power converter topologies and related control techniques to achieve improved performance.
• Design and implement algorithms to optimize battery pack efficiency, runtime and extend battery lifetime.
• Work closely with Hardware, Firmware and software teams, mechanical design and manufacturing to bring the product into mass production
• System prototyping: component selection, schematic design, PCB layout design supervision.
• Create and execute test plans to bring-up, debug, and validate designs to meet functional and performance goals; design and execution of product level testing with focus on safety, reliability, risk mitigation and FMEA. Automated test sequence/regression and results analysis for bench evaluation and application-level testing.
• Write requirement documents, application notes, user guides, datasheet manuscripts for internal/external publication; provide technical support to key customers.
• Knowledge of BMS design and characterization techniques. Experience with functional safety development processes and lifecycle.
• Extensive Experience in DC-DC converters and control loop design: strong understanding of DC-DC topologies, switching waveforms, semiconductor and magnetics power losses.
• Experience with hands-on electrical engineering work and HW debugging.
• Experience working on design, integration and testing of firmware/software-controlled products.
• Solid background in analog/digital circuit design and micro-processors.
• Hands on experience in Python or Matlab coding (for automated regression, data analysis, and scripting).
• Knowledge of battery chemistry, characteristics, and performance.
• Knowledge of grid-tied storage systems and how they function/interact with the grid.
• Experience with renewable energy products and/or electricity distribution systems.
• Experience working with high power and/or high voltage products
Element Energy is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.