Element Energy is a dynamic early-stage company reimagining energy storage and battery management. Our breakthrough algorithms and our patented control system solves critical battery safety and performance issues in the multi-billion-dollar large-scale grid storage and electric vehicle battery markets. Our products mitigate the risk of industry-threatening battery fires while also increasing their performance and longevity; with the ultimate goal of providing essential technologies to enable the widespread adoption of clean renewable energy and “the electrification of everything” movement that is changing the world’s energy infrastructure.
Element Energy is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Software and Algorithms team. The team will be responsible for developing, testing / regressing and validating Battery Algorithms that will run on Element Energy’s unique Adaptive BMS architecture. You will help bridge the gap between lab and product, commercializing algorithms that are at the very core of Element Energy’s unique battery technology. You will interface directly with the battery science and embedded software & cloud software engineering teams, contributing to the complete life cycle from lab validation through production support.
- BS, MS, or PhD in a related engineering or science field with 5+ years of experience
- Experience implementing algorithms to analyze or manipulate physical systems, both software execution and real-world validation
- Proficient in Matlab Simulink/Stateflow
- Work with our battery science team to productize proof-of-concept algorithms
- Work with our embedded and cloud software teams to develop and deploy production algorithms
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and drive features, system requirements and expected performance
- Drive algorithm development, productization and corresponding roadmap
- Define regression procedure and validation flows; design lab experiments as needed
- Deliver high-quality code in a real-time embedded environment; work closely with FW/SW teams to integrate algorithm code in the final application
- Participate in algorithm testing and troubleshooting at system level
- Experience with battery management systems or detailed battery algorithms (SOC, SOP, SOH, thermal, etc.)
- Experience with real-time control systems and systems modeling (inputs, outputs, states, feedback control,
- Familiarity working with embedded devices, real-time multi-threaded applications and/or commercial cloud
platforms and database systems
- Knowledge of battery chemistry, characteristics, and performance.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Element Energy is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.