Element Energy is a dynamic early-stage company that is looking to reimagine battery management. Our breakthrough algorithms and our patented control system solves critical battery safety and performance issues in the multi-billion dollar large-scale grid storage and electric vehicle battery markets. Our goal is to reduce the high degradation rates that plague renewable energy and battery storage products, and more importantly, we help mitigate the pervasive problems of battery fires that threaten user safety and property damage. These solutions are essential for the widespread adoption of clean renewable energy and “the electrification of everything” movement that is changing the world’s renewable energy storage infrastructure.
Element Energy is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to join our engineering team. This engineer will be responsible for software development for Element Energy’s battery management products. You will be involved in the complete product life cycle from concept through development and production.
- Design and implement software for real-time operation and control of hardware systems
- Document engineering requirements and design specifications for new software designs
- Deliver high-quality C/C++ code in a real-time embedded environment
- Develop and work with cloud-based application services and back end data systems
- Create APIs and functional specifications for use across company products
- Develop internal tools for testing and debugging of emulation and production hardware
- Participate in code reviews
- Participate in systems testing and troubleshooting of prototype designs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and drive features and system requirements
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering with 5+ years of experience or MS/PhD with 3+ years of experience
- Highly proficient in C/C++ programming
- Proficient in Linux System Programming
- Capable of producing high-quality, robust software
- Experience working with commercial cloud platforms and database systems
- Experience developing real-time, multi-threaded applications
- Experience with version control
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity working with IoT or embedded devices is a plus
- Familiarity working with renewable energy systems is a plus
Element Energy is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.