Element Energy is a dynamic early-stage company that is looking to reimagine battery management. Our breakthrough algorithms and our patented control system solves critical battery safety and performance issues in the multi-billion dollar large-scale grid storage and electric vehicle battery markets. Our goal is to reduce the high degradation rates that plague renewable energy and battery storage products, and more importantly, we help mitigate the pervasive problems of battery fires that threaten user safety and property damage. These solutions are essential for the widespread adoption of clean renewable energy and “the electrification of everything” movement that is changing the world’s renewable energy storage infrastructure.
Element Energy is seeking a Staff Battery Engineer to join our engineering team. This position will lead the efforts in performing failure mode analyses of industrial batteries and experimental batteries. The failure mode analyses included DOE planning, FMEA, post mortem cell analyses including advanced material analyses. The successful candidate can grow their own team, which will work closely with Element Energy’s battery algorithm team, simulation team and field application team and will support Element Energy’s advanced battery management products.
- MS or PhD in Material Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or a closely related field of study + 3 years of experience in the job offered or closely related occupation
- Leading and growing a team focused on failure mode analyses of cells and packs
- Design meaning full experiments and FMEA analyses
- Postmortem analyses of industrial and experimental cells
- Design and execute product level testing of the developed CLBMS with focus on safety, reliability, risk mitigation and FMEA
- Work closely and effectively with battery algorithm, machine learning, simulation, field application team
- Lead and support the team members
- Self-driven to solve important problems, good communicator, team player and role model for team members
- Effective DOE planning and FMEA analysis
- Advanced postmortem and material analyses technique
- Advanced battery testing procedures
- Battery pack design and characterization
- Knowledge of battery chemistry, characteristics, and performance
Element Energy is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com