Element Energy is a dynamic early-stage company that is looking to reimagine battery management. Our breakthrough algorithms and our patented control system solves critical battery safety and performance issues in the multi-billion dollar large-scale grid storage and electric vehicle battery markets. Our goal is to reduce the high degradation rates that plague renewable energy and battery storage products, and more importantly, we help mitigate the pervasive problems of battery fires that threaten user safety and property damage. These solutions are essential for the widespread adoption of clean renewable energy and “the electrification of everything” movement that is changing the world’s renewable energy storage infrastructure.
Element Energy is seeking a Senior Battery Simulation Engineer to join our engineering team. This engineer will lead the design and implementation of sophisticated electrochemical simulations of various failure modes in advanced battery packs. This engineer will grow a cross-disciplinary team to aid in the detection and mitigation of various failure modes in Li-ion battery cells.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or closely related field of study + 3 years of experience in the job offered or closely related occupation
- PhD in in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or closely related field of study + 1 years of experience in the job offered or closely related occupation
- Grow Element Energy’s Battery Simulation Team
- Design and develop electrochemical, electrical, and thermal simulations of Li-ion battery failure modes on the individual cell level
- Design and develop pack simulation models to understand how failures propagate
- Create reduced order models (ROMs) of complex systems to rapidly simulate millions of environmental conditions
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams to understand simulation results and what they mean for our products
- Experience as a team leader and role model
- Experience with electrochemical, electrical, and thermal modeling of battery cells in 1D, 2D, and 3D geometries is preferred
- Experience with ANSYS Fluent is preferred
- Experience with various CAD software such as Autodesk Inventor, Catia, Solidworks is preferred
- Experience writing scripts in C
- Experience with Python
- Knowledge of with battery cell design and construction
- Knowledge of battery chemistries
- Knowledge of battery management systems
- Knowledge of electrical test equipment in relation to battery testing
Element Energy is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org