Element Energy is a dynamic early-stage company that is looking to reimagine battery management. Our breakthrough algorithms and our patented control system solves critical battery safety and performance issues in the multi-billion dollar large-scale grid storage and electric vehicle battery markets. Our goal is to reduce the high degradation rates that plague renewable energy and battery storage products, and more importantly, we help mitigate the pervasive problems of battery fires that threaten user safety and property damage. These solutions are essential for the widespread adoption of clean renewable energy and “the electrification of everything” movement that is changing the world’s renewable energy storage infrastructure.
Element Energy is seeking a Senior Member of Technical Staff (MTS) or Staff MTS with substantial industry experience in development and application of battery analytics in a machine learning (ML) / deep learning (DL) software platform that operates in managed Cloud infrastructure for large-scale IOT fleet of Lithium-ion batteries. This person will be responsible for design and implementation of formulas, metrics and visualization in a variety of forms toward analytics of descriptive, exploratory, predictive and prescriptive purposes by using continuous data from CLB batteries. The Cloud platform integrates ML/DL algorithms in continuous learning with big data from CLB battery products connected fleetwide via the internet. His/Her roles will be leading in-depth analytical research on data, features and ML/DL performance using analytics to achieve explainable AI. Responsibilities will include a variety of design and implementation of metrics, formulae and their representation using statistical and graphical software tools, including visualization. This position requires day-to-day co-working with software engineers in data engineering & machine learning / deep learning where frequent, on-demand new software feature/function deployments occur as part of regular R&D operations. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is passionate about and experienced in building analytics software framework that be integrated with the software platform of applications and services for next-generation battery management.
- Developing metrics and formulae of analytics for purposes of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analyses
- Developing visualization and software tools for analytics for CLB battery products and systems
- Design and implementation of web-based dashboards and in-depth visualization with interactivity
- Web-based presentation of interpretation of analytics that fulfils purposes of explainable AI
- Continuous and automated data pipelining with CLB products and systems for highly available analytics
- Constant collaboration with AI software engineers and commercial Cloud management teams
- Big IOT data management with respect to size, spontaneous query, traffic, lifecycle, etc.
- Regular internal & external evaluation of functionality, performance, cost, etc.
- Participating in regular cross-functional collaboration with software engineering teams
- 5+ years of interdisciplinary domain knowledge and experience in battery science and analytics
- 5+ years of experience in electro-chemical characteristics of Li-ion battery or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in statistics, descriptive analytics and scientific interpretation
- 5+ years of experience in analytical visualization using various statistical software tools
- Sound understanding in ML/DL models for IOT-centric timeseries data associated with analytics
- MS or higher degree in Chemistry, Electrical Engineering or multi-disciplinary major for battery science
- High proficiency in programming languages for analytics python, R, etc
- High proficiency in data science software: pandas, numpy, scipy, tensorflow, etc
- High proficiency in platforms for big data query and management, bigquery, snowflake, redshift, etc
- Hands-on programming/scripting skills in data statistics tools: SPSS, SAS, Minitab, etc
- Hands-on programming/scripting skills in data visualization tools: Grafana, kibana, influxdb, etc
- High familiarity in Linux-based CLI programming environment
- Database management with sql and / or no-sql data structures
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
Element Energy is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org