Element Energy is a dynamic early-stage company that is looking to reimagine battery management. Our breakthrough algorithms and our patented control system solves critical battery safety and performance issues in the multi-billion dollar large-scale grid storage and electric vehicle battery markets. Our goal is to reduce the high degradation rates that plague renewable energy and battery storage products, and more importantly, we help mitigate the pervasive problems of battery fires that threaten user safety and property damage. These solutions are essential for the widespread adoption of clean renewable energy and “the electrification of everything” movement that is changing the world’s renewable energy storage infrastructure.
Element Energy is seeking a software engineer in machine learning / deep learning with substantial industry experience to join our engineering and technology teams. This person will be responsible for software development of advanced deep learning (DL) and machine learning (ML) for CLBMS battery management products. His/Her roles will include managing large amount/scale of data, processing, feature engineering. The focus of development will be specially on new ML/DL algorithms for CLB battery data & features. The deliverables are to run on computing infrastructure in on-premise or managed cloud services such as AWS, Azure, GCP. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is passionate about developing an integrated algorithm/software platform of applications and services for next-generation battery management. You’ll be involved in the complete software development life cycle from product/system concept through to services for customers.
- MS or higher degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in ML/DL
- In-depth expertise in DL/ML algorithms for timeseries data with ~10 or more years of hands-on experience
- Ample experience in various DL/ML models such as RNN, LSTM, XGBoost, SVM, etc.
- Understanding of server-client, web (app)-based computer architecture and cloud managed services
- Management and processing of a large-scale time series data using open-source DB management systems
- Design of algorithms for processed data with expertise on DL/ML models
- Coding and verification of implemented work with programming languages such as python or equivalent
- Evaluation of implemented models / algorithm using developed performance metrics
- Implement the designed models and data software on computing on-premise or clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Regular internal & external evaluation of functionality, performance, cost, etc.
- Deliver high-quality code, scripts and data structures for developed ML/DL
- Document engineering requirements and design specifications for new software designs
- Participate in cross-functional reviews on software deliverables
- Troubleshoot software & systems related issues
- High familiarity in Linux-based CLI programming environment
- Database management with sql and / or no-sql data structures
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Sound understanding on latest DL/ML algorithms IoT-centric applications
- Programming for Connectivity/Communication, processing & management for timeseries data
- Experience with development of machine learning: training, validation and testing
- Hands-on skills on software tools for IoT telemetry data communication, processing, storage management
- Hands-on coding & debugging capabilities in C, Python, Node.js for server or client programming
- Dealing with DBMS, storage management, data processing, analytics, etc
- Experience in server-to-server, cloud-to-cloud or hybrid-cloud development environment
- Familiarity with IoT Core (AWS or GCP) or IoT Hub (Azure)
- Secure data handling with JSON web token, X.509, MQTT, etc.
Element Energy is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.